Sheikh Saud Al-Shuraim
Name: Sheikh Saud Al-Shuraim
Date of Birth: January 19, 1964,
Place of Birth: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Wife(s): Sudairi Bint Ali-Harif
Biography for Saud Al-Shuraim
Dr Shaikh Sa’ud ash-Shuraim is an imam of the holy mosque (Masjid al-Haram) in Makkah. He was born in Riyadh in Saudi Arabia. He is from Haraqees of the Banu Zayd tribe which makes him a tribal cousin to Sheikh Abdulrahman Al-Sudais.
As a young man Saud attended Areen schools, he moved onto secondary school in which he became a hafiz (knows the Quran off by heart). He graduated from college of `Usool ud Din` at Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University in Riyadh, in the ‘Aqeedah and Modern Madhahib’ division in 1988. He then completed a Masters in 1992 at the Ma’had Al-’aali Lilqadhah institute. He was then employed by the same institute after his masters degree.
In the year 1992, by Royal Order was selected as the judge of the high court in Makkah. In the year 1995, Saud received a Doctorate degree at the Umm Al-Qura University of Makkah. He was upholded from the rank of “Professor” to the rank of “Specialist Professor in Fiqh” in June 2010 by the principal of the university Dr. Bakri bin Mat’ooq.
Works / Milestones / Achievements for Saud Al-Shuraim
- Saud became the judge of the high court in 1992
- He also memorized the whole Quran during the last years of secondary school
- He received a Doctorate degree at the Umm Al-Qura University in Makkah in 1995
- In the year 1991, Saud was made an Imam and a Khateeb of Masjid al-Haram by the order of Custodian of the Two Holy Harams, King Fahad bin AbdulAzeez Al-Saud.
- Sheikh Shuraim has a Masters in Aqeedah and Modern Madhahib
Pictures of Saud Al-Shuraim